No other consulting company in the world has been as successful as Sterling. Our success is measured by the success of our clients—not just in their practices, but in their quality of life and in their community. With restored balance in their lives, our clients have the time and energy to devote to their families, recreation, travel and the pursuit of additional goals. Many take off weeks and even months at a time while their practices continue to operate smoothly and grow.
Sterling’s clients are passionate about their work and the quality of their life. Many hold positions of influence in trade associations and volunteer their professional services to community organizations. Others win awards for excellence in their specialties. Here are the accomplishments of just a few of our accounting clients:
- Jere Batten, CPA, is President of the San Diego chapter of the National Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
- Su Brown, CPA, was awarded the “2011 Idaho Financial Services Champion of the Year” by Boise District Office of the Small Business Administration. She was awarded Volunteer of the Year by the Lewiston Chamber of Commerce. She chairs the Lewiston Planning and Zoning Commission and serves on the Valley Vision (local economic development organization) Board of Directors. She also provides tax seminar presentations for local companies and community organizations.
- Steve Callan, CPA, is on the Board of Directors at Kemple Memorial Children’s Dental Clinic, is a past president of the Central Oregon Estate Planning Council and the Bend Rotary Club.
- Robert Cameron, CPA, is the chairman of the Illinois CPA Society.
- Stacey MyCue, CPA: Stacey’s firm was also nominated for Small Business of the Year. Stacy is treasurer of the local chapter of Zonta International, a charitable foundation which helps women and girls overcome gender barriers to educational and professional advancement, and strives to end violence against women while helping survivors rebuild their lives.
- Ruth Pierce, CPA, received the Chamber of Commerce Lifetime Achievement award and was recognized as the Chamber of Commerce Person of the Year. She has also been the recipient of the Magic Valley Business Woman of the Year award. She is currently involved in the Southern Idaho Economic Development Organization.
- Mark Sherman’s CPA firm was voted one of the best places to work with fewer than 100 employees by readers of the Las Vegas Review-Journal Business Press. In the article announcing the firm’s win, Mark cites Sterling’s job applicant screening as one of the keys to successful staff management.
- Greg Simons, CPA, was awarded CPA of the Year from the Indiana CPA Society and the Salute Award from the Greenwood Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber’s Salute Award recognizes a Chamber member business that has demonstrated success in growth and stability, commitment to quality, creative/unique solutions to challenges and/or entrepreneurial spirt. Greg will also be featured in a cover story in the Greenwood Chamber of Commerce’s monthly business journal. Additionally, Greg and his staff volunteer in community outreach programs such as “Kids Against Hunger.”
- Brenda Smith, CPA, was twice voted a “Five Star Weath Manager” in the category of taxation by Hour Magazine, placing the company in the top 7% of wealth managers in the Detroit area in overall customer satisfaction. Brenda’s firm was also voted “Best of South Lyon” for the past four years. She serves on the Board of Directors of Active Faith Community Services.
- Chuck Stanislawski, CPA, was appointed a City of Pasadena Commissioner by the Mayor of Pasadena, CA. He serves as a founding member of the International Society of CPAs and has served on the board of numerous organizations including the University of Southern California School of Accounting.
- Daniel Wasserman, CPA, was voted a “Five Star Wealth Professional” by Milwaukee Magazine in the category of tax professionals, based on exceptional service and overall satisfaction.
- Brian Wolfe, CPA, received the Chamber of Commerce President’s Award, serves on the board of the Western YMCA and is Treasurer of the Greater Catonsville Chamber of Commerce.
- Anita Woodlee, CPA, has been named Businesswoman of the Year. Anita has also served on the Board of Directors of the Chamber of Commerce.
Even more importantly, Sterling clients have time to devote to their families and participate in their children’s lives and activities. They have the chance to see their kids grow up.
Sterling is the most successful company of its kind in the world because our clients are among the most respected and accomplished professionals in the world.